Sizing our domino environment

Discussion in 'Lotus Notes Administration' started by Maxo396, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Maxo396

Maxo396 New Member

Hello,

We have 3 domino clusters, each cluster has 2 servers in main DC and on 1 server in DR site.

The 3 clusters are using the same domino domain and directory.

Each server in the main DC serves as home server for 1/6 of our users while the servers in DR site are only for HA & DR purposes.

Now we need to get the total numbers of emails sent & received per user as well as the average message size.

I know that we have some server stats showing related information but I want only to get real data with no double counting of messages.

From show stat mail* there are 6 types of stats that I see relevant to the topic

Mail.TotalRouted
    Mail.TotalDelivered
    Mail.TotalTransferred
    Mail.TotalKBRouted
    Mail.TotalKBDelivered
    Mail.TotalKBTransferred

Now if my home server is X and I'm sending to some one whose mail server is Y, the message will be counted on my home server as Mail.TotalTransferred and on the recipient's home server as Mail.TotalDelivered.
    This seems to me like a double counting the same message.

Which of these should I use in order to get the most accurate numbers for Total Send/Receive per user per day and average message size.

Maxo396, Jun 18, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question