Lotus Notes 6.5.4 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Lotus Notes General Discussion' started by dkwomack, Aug 22, 2022.

1. dkwomack

dkwomack New Member

I have approximately 20 lotus notes databases that I believe were created in v 6.5.4 and I do not know how to open these. I have what I think is the executable for 6.5.4 but I am not sure if it will load on Windows 10 or Mac OS 10.13.5 and I really need to access them and archive the information within the databases. Can anyone tell me what they know and if lotus notes will no longer load on windows or mac do you know a way to open the files without having lotus notes so they can be viewed and archived? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is really important that I retrieve this information. Thank you!

dkwomack, Aug 22, 2022
    1. Advertisements

2. dkwomack

thampel New Member

To open an NSF you will need at least a Notes Client, at minimum in the version the database was originally created with, higher versions will also work just fine. So you could take the current Notes V12.0.1 client, get this installed on your Win or Mac client and open the NSF locally assuming that it is not encrypted.
    If the file is encrypted, then you will need the Notes user.id file and the corresponding password which was used to encrypt the file. Without the matching ID file you cant open an encrypted NSF.

thampel, Aug 30, 2022
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question