Determining Lotus Notes weighted search results

Discussion in 'Lotus Notes Administration' started by UncertainWhatNameToPick, Jan 18, 2018.

1. UncertainWhatNameToPick

UncertainWhatNameToPick New Member

Thank god for this forum !

I'm trying to determine where a Notes DB application weighs it's search results.

I've just inherited the role of and Notes application administration of a single but mission-critical database with hundreds of fields. We're using the included search / indexing feature of the Domino Server, which version I don't know yet and uncertain how to determine from just a desktop 9 client which is all I have local console access to for the moment.

I'm uncertain which version of Domino Server this is since the entire transition was unplanned and the wreckage of an abrupt employee departure, I know my Notes desktop Social Client is 9.0 and it includes Domino Designer 9.0.

From the Notes client, opening the Domino Server's Homepage (9.0) Database hints this is Domino 9, but other catalogs like Admin are listed as Admin (R5), which is described as a 1999 release, this server can't be that old, can it ?

The Notes Application has an alternative web server interface accessed by any common browser and sniffing the HTTP header didn't yield version numbers, nor much except this raw HTTP 200 packet:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Lotus-Domino
    Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:45:42 GMT
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
    Content-Length: 248

With all of the mess taking place, it baffles me the people around me are concerned about weighted rankings when we have bigger priorities of gaining positive control of the server but where and how to decode/reverse engineer an applications weighted ranking is a top priority for the moment.

Sorry if I posted to the wrong sub forum, this is my first of what will likely be productive visits and I'm Uncertain of the forum topic categorizations for the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    UncertainWhatNameToPick, Jan 18, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question