cannot delete database

Discussion in 'Lotus Notes Administration' started by pankovster, Oct 27, 2015.

1. pankovster

pankovster New Member

My goal was to provide user his database imported from Exchange to LN to check.
    I did the client-to-client migration on the separate testing station, copied a local file "names.nsf" to the cpecially created folder on the Notes server, managed ACL to give user an access, renamed a file as "Kelly_Contacts.nsf" and sent a link to user.
    User found that I imported the wrong contacts database. I cleaned up all contacts (on the local testing station), did the import again, then copied "names.nsf" to the folder on the Notes server, renamed it as "Kelly_contacts2.nsf" and again sent the link to user.
    When user opened a link, it showed a previous database. I decided to delete the first file "Kelly_Contacts.nsf", but failed. LN looks like deletes a database, but after refresh shows it back again.
    I looked at the properties and found that both files "Kelly_Contacts.nsf" and "Kelly_contacts2.nsf" have the same replica_id, so maybe Domino cannot properly identify the file for deleting.
    How to delete a file in this case?
    P.S. I can't put the Notes server offline and delete via Windows, it's production and working 24x7

pankovster, Oct 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question